Wednesday 21 September 2016

Tim Holtz Creative chemistry 101 adventure

Summer was quite busy, but I still had some time for creating. I spent few very nice weeks with Tim Holtz's Creative chemistry courses 101, 102 and 103 and it was a great adventure to discover or re-discover all the techniques he shows in his video lessons :0)

On the beginning of Creative chemistry 101 I decided not to use only Tims's Manila cardstock, but try a different kinds of papers I have and I could use in the future for my art pieces instead, so I have a better references how these papers behave, how they take water, colors and stamped images. I used more than 10 types of papers - watercolor, mixed media, kraft, black, specialty, even photo paper and mostly I was very happy with the results, although sometimes was a bit difficult manage the technique on them. And if I loved some technique a lot I made a few (or more) tags with it :0)

So here are my tags from Creative chemistry 101...

Day 1 techniques:
Blended spritz and flick (tags 1-4), Brushless watercolor (tags 4-5), Wrinkle-free distress (tag 6)


Day 2 techniques:
Alcohol ink agates (tags 1-2), Archival resist (tags 3-4), Reflections stamping (tags 5-9)


Day 3 techniques:
Watercoloring with re-inkers (tag 1), Layered misting (tags 2-5)


Day 4 techniques:
Stained kraft resist (tags 1-4), Stamping with stains (tags 5-6), Marbled stains (tags 7-8)


Day 5 techniques:
Watercolor with markers (tag 1), Blending with markers (tag 2), Stamping with markers (tag 3-5)


Day 6 techniques:
Rusted enamel (tags 1-3), Nostalgic batik (tag 4), Distress powder resist (tag 5)


Day 7 techniques:
Dabber resist (tag 1), Crackle paint resist (tag 2), Shattered stains (tags 3-4)


Day 8 techniques:
Perfect distress mist (tags 1-2), Perfect distress (tags 3-4), Perfect splatter distress (tag 5-6)
Day 9 technique:
Rock candy distress stickles (tags 7-8)






No comments:

Post a Comment